Getback is an Adelaide based rock 'n' roll band who re-live the great sounds and fun times of the 50's and 60's era.
With two main vocalists and up to three part harmony, a very wide range of songs are covered during a single performance. The members of the band include, Richard Przesniak (vocals and keyboard), Alan Reeves (drums and back-up vocals), Bernie Mitchell (lead guitar, harmonica and back-up vocals) and Dennis Neville (vocals and bass guitar).
From slow cheek to cheek hits, to swing, to rockabilly, to full-on rock 'n' roll, they are all there. The Beatles, Elvis Presley, Carl Perkins, Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis, Ol'55, Daddy Cool, Stray Cats and Eddie Cochran are just some of the artists the band pay tribute to. The band pays special attention to ensure that all songs are danceable, so a good time is guaranteed.
Although each individual member holds many years of experience, Getback was formed in March 1995, and is now in its fourth line-up. Since its formation, Getback has been one of Adelaide's hardest working bands and has released / recorded four CD’s to date.
Apart from regular hotel and dance venue appearances in Adelaide, the band has appeared at the following major festivals / events:
- The Birdwood Rock 'n' Roll Rendezvous (SA) 1997, 1998, 2002, 2005, 2008 and 2010
- Bay to Birdwood Classic Car Rally 2007 and 2009
- Victor Harbor Rock n Roll Festival 2009 and 2010
- The Wintersun Festival (QLD/NSW) 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002 , 2003 , 2005, 2006, 2007and 2008
- The Wintersun Festival (Mildura) 2010
- The Riverland Rock 'n' Roll Festival (SA) 1999 and 2000
- Adelaide Rock 'n' Roll Festival 1999, 2000, 2001 and 2003 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010
- The Jailhouse Rock Festival - Ararat (VIC) 2000
- The Jailhouse Rock Festival - Burra (SA) 2002, 2003 and 2006
- Rockin' at the Junction - Wentworth (NSW) 2008
- Devils Rock Festival, Ulverstone (Tasmania) 2010